I don’t know about you, but I am utterly over this winter.
I’m sick of wearing the same coat day after day, and wearing the same boots, and the same sweaters.
I’m ready for some beautiful spring time weather!
This spring I’m really into the chunky heeled sandals.
And stripes, obviously.
Clockwise from top right:
dress | pink sandals | top | pink shorts | blue shorts | tan sandals
What’s on your wish list for this spring?
To be honest, I have never been a huge jewelry person.
I got my ears pierced in the 8th grade, I was 14 and it was pretty traumatizing. (I hate needles and I went after a baby)
I only wear 1 ring, a Claddagh ring, and it took me several months to get used to it.
I’ve been kind of collecting statement necklaces over the last couple of years or so, if I find one I like, I buy it. Even when I don’t wear them regularly.
Recently, I’ve been wearing them more, and I’m kind of loving it.
Here’s the ones I’ve gotten recently:
Top | Bottom
I’m in love with them! I want to get that flower bib in EVERY color!
Here’s some other necklaces that I’m loving:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Snow on the first day
It’s been snowing almost non-stop since Friday. My friends in the Mid West have been laughing at how little snow we have. On Friday, I had to walk to the grocery store because of the snow. I was super happy that I did, because I live on the main street and it was entirely backed up.
I’m getting a little stir crazy, not being able to leave my apartment. I’ve watched a lot of Chuck on Netflix.
I spent the weekend in Seattle with a high school friend, Kristen.
Being there for their Super Bowl win was CRAZY!
We didn’t really do too many touristy things, as she went for a job interview.
We drove up Saturday morning (it’s about a 3 hour drive from Portland). Kristen had booked some appointments to look at apartments, and then we walked around the downtown area around Pike Place.
The view over the lake from the market.
On Sunday morning, we went and got coffee at the original Starbucks and then went to Pike Place Market again!
The famous gum wall, under the market
Kristen, Gianni (the dog) and I!
We then went back to the hotel to watch the game, and here’s what Seattle looked like when we ventured out to get food:
It was crazy! SO much honking and yelling!
Hope your weekend was great!
I’ve been reading Mackenzie’s blog, Design Darling, for about a year now. I just love her style and her mantra is “navy or nothing” and I can definitely get with that. She started this series of 101 goals in 1001 days. She is currently on her second list, which is really cool!
This is what I came up with, and I hope that you will enjoy following along!
Start Date: January 5, 2014
Finish Date: October 20, 2016
- Come up with 101 things
- Read all of the Jane Austen books
- Go antiquing
- Blog everyday for a month
- Read Buzzfeed’s list of 65 Books you have to read in your 20s
- Invest in a 3 cookbooks
- Invest in 5 coffee table books
- Organize addresses for friends and family into an Address Book
- Be able to run 5 miles without stopping
- Pace my dad for Western States (goal is June 2014)
- Invest in a nice designer bag (Kate Spade Small Leslie)
- Learn to bake cookies well
- Make Business cards
- Read Atlas Shrugged
- Send out 50 handwritten notes
- To that end, get nice, personalized stationery
- Invest in 1 pair of brown boots
- Take a floral design class
- Take a cooking class
- Find the perfect LBD
- Visit Boston
- Get to a weight I’m comfortable with
- Invest in Hunter Rainboots
- Visit 4 new states
- Learn the rules of Football, Basketball & Baseball
- Treat my parents to a weekend away
- Apply to a graduate program
- Learn Photoshop and Illustrator
- Learn how to use my DSLR
- Eat Gluten Free for a week
- Eat Vegetarian for a month
- Go skinny dipping
- Go on a Road Trip
- Watch all of the seasons of Gilmore Girls again
- Send my mom flowers just because
- See 5 classic movies
- Make my bed everyday for a month
- Host a dinner party
- Learn HTML
- Donate to the Kappa Delta Foundation
- Donate to the St. Mary’s Fund
- Take a unique workout class
- Watch 10 TED Talks, and write about them on the Blog
- Cook 10 meals for my family
- Visit a Flea Market, and buy something!
- Buy a car
- Spend a day with my Dad, doing whatever he wants
- Spend a day with my sister, doing whatever she wants
- Get a blow-out just because
- Drink 8 glasses of water everyday for a week
- Watch all of the James Bond movies
- Do a juice cleanse
- Learn another language, not necessarily fluently
- Become fluent in French
- Buy coffee for the person behind me in line
- Do a scavenger hunt with my friends to explore our city
- Go to 3 concerts
- Leave my phone at home for a day
- Attend a weekend long music festival
- Go to a double feature
- Buy a classic black blazer
- Own and stock a full bar cart
- Have a picnic
- Take a ballroom dancing class
- Find a skincare regime I can stick with
- Plant a garden
- Go computer/phone/iPad free for a week
- Watch all of the Academy Award Best Picture nominees
- Go 2 months without shopping
- Read for 30 minutes before bed for one month
- Give five “just because” gifts
- Visit 5 new restaurants and blog about them
- Tip a server 100%
- Purchase a Barbour Beadnell jacket
- Make a T-Shirt Quilt of my Kappa Delta shirts
- Go one month without Dutch Bros, Starbucks, etc.
- Buy a Christmas tree for my apartment
- Sort out some ornaments from my parents’ stash
- Go to Canada
- Become more knowledgeable about US Politics
- Read the newspaper (or NYT.com) every day for one month
- Read Emily Post’s etiquette
- Visit 5 photobooths in Portland
- Organize my closet and keep it that way for 1 month
- Go to a movie by myself
- Write 10 Yelp Reviews
- Join the local SHRM chapter in Portland
- Go to the driving range once a week for 3 months
- Go sailing again
- Purchase a plant and keep it alive for at least 6 months
- Stick to my budget for 6 months
- Go one month without drinking soda
- Visit the wonderful world of Harry Potter with the girls from Study Abroad
- Make macaroons
- Attend a movie in the park
- Send a postcard on every trip I take
- Start a weekly signature blog post
- Master curling my hair
- Post an outfit photo on my blog
- Take a surfing lesson
- Put $10 into savings for every goal