I honestly can’t remember where I first saw the Beverly Palm Print, but I do remember it was the wallpaper version on some blog, years ago.
Originally from the Beverly Hills Hotel, the printed wallpaper has inspired many different products with the print over the years.
And I fell in love. HARD.
And I knew I had to have something with the palm print on.
I’ve scoured the internet, high and low for it.
Unfortunately, it tends to be rather expensive.
I’ve found pillows:
From Society Social, $75
From The Aestate, $61
And a phone case:
From Sonix Cases, $35
I’ve bought the phone case, and it is perfect! The light pink and green go well with my yellow iPhone 5c! I’m in love, and I’m so happy I held out for something I really love!
My roomie Kristen and I have been doing some Barre3 classes here in Portland over the last year, and I love it.
Barre3 was actually started in Portland, and the studio we go to is actually the first one.
On August 23rd (my birthday), they had their 6th anniversary Barre3 in the Park.
I went, and it was the most surreal experience. Doing barre, which is yoga, pilates and a bit of ballet all together, with 500+ people on the most beautiful day. Incredible!
Here’s some photos:
taken from my instagram
That arrow is pointing to ME!
All other photos are from Barre3 Portland’s Facebook Page
It truly was an amazing experience, and I cannot wait to do it again next year!
When I first started this blog, I had the idea that I wanted to become a blogger.
I’ve come to realize that that’s not really what I want.
I want my blog to become more of a journal so that i can remember the things I’ve done.
More like my travel blog I had when I studied abroad.
I’m still going to do restaurant reviews (because I like to eat).
I’m also going to write about books and movies and whatever else I’m interested in.
I’m also only going to blog when I feel like it. I’m not going to try and blog if I have nothing to write about.
So if people read this, or they don’t, I don’t care. It’s more for myself and my family if they want to read.
1. I get off work at noon today and I’m SO excited! I’m only going to be running some errands, but I can’t wait to do so while everyone else is still at work! I’m also heading to the coast on Monday! All I want is some clam chowder!
2. This restaurant review is so funny! The little girl is so cute! And the photos of her tasting different foods for the first time are hilarious!
3. I got Allegiant (the third Divergent book) from the library yesterday, and I can’t wait to read it! I still need to see Divergent (the movie). Was it any good?
4. I’ve been wanting to get a monogram necklace for a while, but I’ve got too many initials. #irishkidproblems No, really, I have 2 middle names, so I’ve been looking for a double monogram necklace, so I don’t have to pick one of my initials! I saw this one on instagram a couple of weeks ago, and I can’t wait to order!
5. I binge-watched the 3rd season of Hart of Dixie this last week, and I already cannot wait for it to come back, so good!
Have a fantastic Memorial Day weekend!
1. I went to an Alumni mixer for my high school last night, which was a blast. Unfortunately, I got home pretty late, and I don’t do well on little sleep. But the mixer was so fun! I saw people that I hadn’t seen since I had graduated, or since they had graduated, and people that I had never met before. I went to the school from 6th grade-senior year, and I had 64 kids in my graduating class. Yes, you read that right, 64. So I knew everyone really well. Some of our old teachers came, so that was fantastic to see them.
2. The first look at President Coin in Mockingjay! I must have not been paying attention, because I didn’t know that Julianne Moore was playing her, but I am happy with that choice! We’ll see how she does! Click on the link for a little video of her talking about the character.
3. With graduation season upon us, even though UO’s isn’t for about another month, Levo League posted this article about great graduation speeches from the last decade. I haven’t had time to watch these yet #fulltimejobproblems. But hopefully I’ll get to them this weekend!
4. 33 Reasons why the University of Oregon is the best. I have to agree with most of the items on this list. As a proud alum (GO DUCKS!), I found this hilarious. Especially the one about the morning classes. I had 8:30am Econ 202 during Winter Term of my senior year. Getting there was ALWAYS a struggle.
Have a fantastic weekend! The weather is supposed to be rainy here again (surprise, surprise) but hopefully we’ll get a little sun!
I’m a huge fan of new seasons of shows.
I love knowing what shows are going to be coming out in the next season.
In this case, Fall.
The upfronts for NBC, ABC and Fox have been over the last couple days.
ABC’s Manhattan Love Story
I loved Greek and I can’t wait to see how Jake McDorman does in this show.
This is a remake of Broadchurch in the UK that David Tennant also starred in. It looks as though this is going to be exactly the same, and I wish it was going to be different, but it’s not.
NBC’s The Mysteries of Laura
I love Debra Messing! I can’t wait to see this!
NBC’s Marry Me
I love Casey Wilson, so I’m excited to see how this show is!
NBC’s A to Z
The mom from How I Met Your Mother!
1. Have you heard of Butter Coffee? I read this article last night on Camille Styles, and I’m curious, but only enough to maybe purchase one in a store. Anyone know of a coffee place in Portland that sells Butter Coffee?
2. This is a HILARIOUS, albeit rude, article about San Francisco. My family lived in the Bay Area until I was 10, and my parents couldn’t handle the commutes and the traffic anymore. My favorite line is “I am convinced that San Francisco was built as a dune buggy course, but became an actual city in the 1970s” San Francisco is THE worst town to drive in. Between the hills and the one way streets, you’re in for a rough ride.
3. Have you seen Humans of New York’s photos from the Met Gala? They’re so great! And I love the stories from the celebrities. Especially Chrissy Teigen’s.
4. I love Emma Stone. I think she is so funny and gorgeous and I think we’d be BFFs. Case in point. She loves my favorite British “Scripted Reality” show. Made in Chelsea is hilarious for anyone who wants to see basically The Hills with British accents.
5. I’m obsessed with eater.com. I first heard about it when I was watching Eat, Drink, Love on Bravo over the summer. (seriously, my friend Alexis and I love this show). One of the girls is a writer for the website. And I love it. I scour the Portland page to see what cool restaurants are opening.
I’m heading home tonight to celebrate Mother’s Day with my mom and sister. I’m so excited! Seeing them makes the 5 hour drive so worth it.
Have a fantastic weekend!
To be totally honest, I had no idea the Met Gala was happening on Monday until after it had already started.
But, I like to look at pretty dresses, so here are my top picks from this year.
All Photos via NYTimes.com
I’ve been seriously struggling with wanderlust lately.
I want to just take off, and travel. It’s something that I’ve loved doing ever since I was a little girl.
When I was 10, my family moved to England for 2 years, and while we were there, we travelled ALOT. Almost every weekend.
Western Europe, Africa and of course, around England.
In the last few weeks, I’ve been dying to go anywhere. My dad just went to Guatemala for work, one of my coworkers is going to Belize for two weeks at the end of the month, and my parents are going to Europe for 2 weeks in September (jealous!). I love love love to travel, and since studying abroad 2 years ago, I haven’t been anywhere.
Now that I have a job, I have vacation days (!!), but I don’t have the means to get anywhere quite yet. On top of that, there’s the small matter that I don’t have anyone to go with. I’m still not sure if I like traveling by myself. But I feel as though I could enjoy a country even if I was to go by myself. I would be able to do all the things I want to do, like go to museums all day long (yes!) without having to think about if other people like doing that (most don’t). But I don’t like eating by myself, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable going out by myself.
Anyway, I’ve just been dying to go anywhere! I’ve been dying to go back to London, as I can never get sick of that city, and of course Paris, as I feel like you can never spend too much time there.
1. As someone who has to say “Moira, M-O-I-R-A” at least once a day. This list made me laugh!
2. I’m an avid traveller. So this blog has kicked my wanderlust back up!
3. I don’t know if you all are Spice Girls fans, I was for sure! But did you know there’s a documentary on them on Hulu? I sure didn’t! I haven’t watched the whole thing yet, since I fell asleep before I could.
4. I’m loving this scalloped skirt! I love anything with a scalloped hem!
5. Have you seen those tassel garlands that have been all over Pinterest for like a year? Well, I’ve always wanted one, and I’m thinking of getting this one! What do you think?
6. So I love Duchess Catherine, I think she is so chic and well put together. And Prince George is just so cute! Love these photos from their tour in New Zealand so far!
Have a fantastic weekend! I’m off to Eugene for my sorority’s Alumni Weekend!
What are you up to?